<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 15, 2003

For three long months, Chicago has been encased in a block of ice. Today, our frozen cage melted, and we emerged grateful and confused into a late spring day. There is nothing quite like the first warm day after winter in Chicago. It does not excuse the preceding ninety days of frigid suffering, and of course it has to come, eventually. Despite these facts, I still wait for it and I revel in it.

I'm watching a TV program on dunking right now, on ESPN Classic. It's great--it was made when Jordan was young, so I know it will end with Jordan doing a whole bunch of amazing dunks. The main things about Jordan are two: 1) People forget what a ferocious, graceful, and awesome dunker Jordan was. It was a long time ago, but he was unreal. I somehow need to put together a personal highlight reel of my favorite Jordan dunks. 2) That switch-hand layup against the Lakers in the '91 finals is so overrated. He should have dunked the fucker!

Now I'm going to be leaping and touching my ceiling for the rest of the night. If only I was a foot taller.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?