<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 25, 2003

Have you ever thought you'd seen a zombie? I mean, seriously thought you'd seen one? Because last night, for about 3 seconds, I thought I saw a zombie driving home. I'm not usually so quick to panic, but for some reason I was absolutely convinced that there was a zombie staggering across Glen Park road towards somebody's house. You know: a walking dead person? Turns out it wasn't, but I was really freaked out there. If only scary movies did such a good job of convincing you that what you saw was real...

I went over to Rick's house today, and we jammed out on the drums and electric guitar, which was hilarious. I may be the worst drummer in the world. But it is hellacious fun to beat the skins. We also listened to the new MXPX album there, which is OK. Musically, they have branched out to a place where their sound is quite varied and good and their musicianship is excellent. But the lyrical content of this album is generally infantile, which I can't stand. "You Make Me Me??" Are you shitting me? Rick mentioned that the lead singer and Captain of MXPX, Mike Herrera, had just gotten married when this album went into production. Well, it appears to have turned him into a sappy motherf*****. But I didn't like their last album the first few times I heard it, and now I love it, so we'll see. They definitely have less emphasis on rocking, which I am trying to come to grips with. They'll never top Life in General, but that's cool. More to follow on this.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?