<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Aaaah June. It's still like 58 degrees here in Chicago, EVERY DAY. It's supposed to be warmer, and if it doesn't get warmer soon, I'm going to murder somebody. Speaking of maniac killing machines, I spoke with Pvt. William Jagnow this evening, and he sounded quite well. His comment on Basic Training for the U.S. Army: "It's this weird duality with everything. I simultaneously loved and hated it." Sounds about how I would have imagined it. Bill also reports that he is a Marksman and an Expert Grenadier, plus he's suddenly able to bench 260+, so I feel safe in the knowledge that my good friend is protecting the interests of this country. Good times. I love that kid.

I ran 10 miles the other day, which was fine. The old knees hurt quite a bit, I will say. This will be my last marathon attempt.

Not too much else to report, except that benefits from one's job are cool as hell. I'm not thinking straight right now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?