<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 07, 2003

CUBS UPDATE:

They came back and won! I'm so into the Cubs it's pathetic, especially since I know they are going to break my heart every year. Today they broke form, however, and won with a little help from Juan Acevedo. It's unlike Joe Torre to make tactical errors, and perhaps R. Clemens really did have an upper respiratory infection today, explaining why he was pulled out after only 80-some pitches. But the Yankees' pen is not what it used to be, and the aforementioned Acevedo (who could stand to lose a few pounds) gave up a 3-run dong on his very first pitch to Eric Karros. I almost cried.

They got some insurance runs in the 8th, and there was some drama in the top half of both the 8th & 9th, but they held on and I am quite happy. When the Cubs win, it literally makes my day. When they lose, I can be a real jerk to deal with. Perhaps this makes me a diseased individual. I don't really care.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?