<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 10, 2003

Again, I have no idea if the Cubs are going to win, or not. I was thinking earlier in this game that baseball was so predictable, as in: I knew Kerry Wood was going to blow the lead in the 7th. It just happens that way: you watch enough baseball, and a sense of inevitability develops. Some things seem as certain as gravity. Then Randall Simon comes up: I could not have been more surprised by that home run. It's one of the things I like about baseball, that it can be so familiar, but so surprising. Here's a semi-tangential rant, however:

I don't know how much Moises Alou is making, and I don't care HOW MANY hits he got in the NLDS: MY #4 hitter doesn't come up needing to hit a fly ball to score a run and then pop the goddamn ball up. MY motherfucking cleanup hitter gets a sac fly, at least. Here endeth the rant.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?