<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

OK:

Things are going half-decent, although I feel like I'm a car stuck in neutral heading down a hill. It's pleasant enough, but I don't have much control over what's going on, and I'm anxious about what's at the bottom. Assuredly, I am not the only person feeling this way.

Tonight I made some pretty decent pasta, though, and here's how to do it: buy some assorted fresh herbs (thyme, sage, rosemary, and basil; the first three often come packaged together), chop them up, squeeze a quarter-lemon over them, cook them in a saute pan in slightly-browned butter, add cooked pasta, drop some crushed, toasted pine nuts on the whole shebang, eat. Assuming you have butter and pasta, you could make about four pounds of this stuff for like $10. A year out of school, I still think about eating well for cheap. Makes me want to move into my own place.

Lombard Fantasy Football League News!

Somehow, I am 3-5 with the following lineup:

QB: Marc Bulger, Brad Johnson, Trent Green
RB: LaDainian Tomlinson, Jamal Lewis, Jerome Bettis, Rudi Johnson
WR: Santana Moss, Peter Warrick, Ike Hilliard, Ashley Lelie
TE: Jeremy Shockey
K: John Hall
D: Philly Iggles

Admittedly, I have no world-beaters at flanker, but the only guy even remotely close to me at RB has Priest Holmes and Stephen Davis. And Kerry Collins at QB, so I should be 6-2 like him, right!? Gawddamn! Things are looking up, though, and I can still make the playoffs. I think I'll go ahead and do that. Fade to Styx, "Fooling Yourself."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?