<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 21, 2003

I can't decide if it's depressing or not that my greatest excitement this Christmas is over the fact that I will get my shopping done in time to avoid an early-morning run on Christmas eve. This makes me feel old. I have also avoided purchasing anything for myself while shopping, a sure sign of financial responsibility and other important bullshit.

Balanced against these furtive signs of maturity is my desire to participate in a no-limit Texas Hold 'Em game this Friday. I will surely blow 20 dollars betting that my feeble poker skills will see me through 1-in-6 odds of turning a profit, but 20 dollars seems a small sum to pay in exchange for an evening of good conversation and the occasionally thrilling moment. Plus, gambling is inherently fun.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?