<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Digital instant-read thermometers are rad! I just got one a few weeks ago, and used it for the first time on some hoisin-bourbon glazed pork loins I grilled at Laura's last Sunday. Let me tell you that this invention is a miracle, that it makes cooking meat to the perfect doneness ridiculously easy, that I highly recommend laying out and purchasing one. I am normally not a proponent of pricey and/or fancy cooking equipment, but this one is so helpful you're doing yourself a real disservice if you don't get one. Unless you're just a much better cook than I am, which let's face it: if you're reading this blog, you're probably not. As my right thumb and forefinger can attest, however, the probe is metal, so remember: handle with care.

Growing evidence supports my recent contention that Aqua Teen Hunger Force is, if not the funniest or weirdest show on TV, at least the most entertaining. If I smoked a ton of weed and was more talented, I feel like I could write for that show. Check it out.

Cubs win yesterday, actually score some runs while holding the opposition down yet again. Cardinals' Vaunted Offense total production for the series: 10 runs in 4 games. This after averaging 5.7 per Before Cubs. FYI, here are the Pythagorean Wins projections so far:

Cubs: 98-64
Stros: 109-53
Cards: 82-80

At the risk of damaging my credibility while I point out that the Cubs are just about on pace to meet my 97-win prediction and finish second to the Astros (as I also predicted), I'll also say that there is NFW the Cubs finish 11 back of the Astros. There may in fact be a good reason for this high spread, let me find it while I pretend to go back to work.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?