<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 08, 2004

I was at Wednesday's Cubs game (company tix, 7th row 3rd base side; nice), and it was terrible to watch. Wood was like Medium-strength Kerry Wood, and the Cubs starting 8 looked like a Triple-A team. I guess the only good thing is that, even on a night when he didn't have his best stuff, K-Rock still only gave up 2 runs on 3 hits in 7 IP. His Stat falls to 148, however.

Is it just that the Cubs have been so frustrating to watch for so long that I find myself wanting to slap this team with the "Yet Another Frustrating Cubs Team" label? Probably every serious baseball fan finds their team infuriating, but this season's team seems particularly hard to watch. In games 1 and 2 vs. ARI, they scored a total of 3 runs. Game 3 of that series and yesterday's Game 1 vs. COL both featured SINGLE INNINGS in which the Cubs bettered that total. The pitching has been almost uniformly excellent, as I believe the Cubs' staff leads the majors in Quality Starts. But I'm coming to the conclusion that consistent hitting is a lot more satisfying to watch than is consistent pitching, as unjust as that may be. I just like it when the Cubs win 11-0, I guess.

Especially when Z goes all 9 and throws less than 100 pitches! I have no idea what to look for today, though, other than rain. And yes, that was an attempt at a reverse-whammy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?