<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

That's how baseball goes. Clement goes eight strong innings last night, gets zero run support (literally) for the second straight game, and loses his second straight decision. Tonight, Zambrano plays with fire the entire game, actually records more flyball than groundball outs (which is a real bad sign for a sinkerballer), gives up a home run to Michael Tucker, and the Cubs win. I had a feeling that Moises might hit his walk off homer tonight, although to be fair I've had that feeling lots of times before strikeouts or GIDPs. It was nice to be right, for once.

I'm trying hard to adjust my thinking about the Cubs. This is a good team, and I'm trying to train myself to expect good things from them, without being disappointed when good things fail to happen. Baseball is a game of repeated failures, so it's hard to find a good healthy attitude about your favorite team. So I will try and fail repeatedly to find it.

Congrats to my cousin John, who recently celebrated his 21st birthday. Congrats also to Kevin Garnett, for finally getting the monkey off his back. Now he can unload his gat, his M-16, his joints with the silencers on them, and his missile launchers. Ah, to be a 7-foot tall millionaire. Brilliant!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?