<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 08, 2004

I will stand by everything I said regarding the Cardinals. I am going to the game on Friday, Maddux vs. Marquis. I like that matchup. For whatever reason, I am not scared of the Cardinals.

"They send us a toe, and we're supposed to shit ourselves with fear!"

In other news, wiffleball excitement is building with the prospect of an 8-team, double-elimination tournament at Rick Bach's house. This is going to be excellent, and probably a wonderful spectator opportunity, as well. Come one, come all! Rick and I will be teaming together as The Mooninites, and I shiver with excitement when I think of us dominating the little bitches who will be there only to receive their beatings from us.

I have been working hard on developing my command as a pitcher, and I have added a few new pitches to my arsenal. I have changed my approach to pitching about 3 times since I started playing wiffleball again, but this latest metamorphosis promises to be the best. I am trying to come with a little more velocity and some more severe lateral break; I found no fewer than FOUR new grips (new for me, anyway) last night that allowed me to coat my pitches more completely in filth than ever before. In addition to the forkball/slider I'd already nailed, I have now added a slurve and a screwball. It's all a tremendous waste of time, and I feel OK with that, to be honest with you.

I do need to start working on things, though...IMPORTANT things. What kinds of things? The mind positively reels at the possibilities. I'm tired of just hanging around my old neighborhood in neutral. I want to hang around in neutral at MY OWN place, on my own time, with my peeps all around me. We'll see what we can do to set things right. This has been fascinating, I'm sure.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?