<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 26, 2004

One of the frustrating things about trying to follow baseball intelligently is the gap between the factual and the experiential.  For instance, statistics I won't bore you with show that the Cubs bullpen has really not been all that bad this year.  In fact, it's been pretty damn good. 

Those are the facts, but I never would have guessed them.  The Cubs bullpen makes me want to puke.  There's no other way to say it:  nobody comes out of the Cubs' pen and makes me feel confident about winning.  Generally, they make me feel like lying down and keeping a trashcan handy.

As you might have guessed, however, I feel better about the Cubs' chances since Prior and Ramirez are both healthy and back in the lineup.  I am still real worried about Prior--23 year-olds just aren't supposed to come out of a game after 1.2 innings citing elbow pain, and then be OK for a start 10 days later.  Is he really hurt?  Is he just a pansy?  I need to know the score.

I had more to say, but it has escaped me for now.  I will try to post more often so I don't have to remember so much.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?