<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 12, 2004

I agree with Bill Jagnow on this one: Chris Rix sucks about as bad as a well-known quarterback at a major football university could possibly suck. I can't believe he's been starting at FSU for the past 4 years! This guy's got zero poise, a shitty arm, a ten-cent head, and a terrible delivery. It was his delivery that really blew my mind last night: I don't know if he thinks he's Bernie Kosar (hint: he is not), but he threw literally every pass with this little sidearm sling motion, displaying absolutely no command of his throws. It's a remarkably, astoundingly shitty delivery. For a 5th year senior, no less. Must have been disappointing to FSU alums.

On the other hand, the Cubs, who remain dead to me, managed to come from behind and win against a quality Marlins bullpen this afternoon. They were down 2-1 when I accidentally rolled past the game on WGN, but then Neifi Perez got a hit and advanced to 2nd on a throwing error. And then Sammy knocked him in with a single. And then the Cubs got 3 more RBI in the same inning without hitting a home run! A 2-rally inning! Amazing.

That all paled in comparison to what happened next, however: in the top of the 9th, charged with protecting a fresh lead, in the kind of situation that usually causes him to implode, LaGascan Hawkins struck out the side on nine pitches. I have never seen that happen before, and I believe it's exceedingly rare in the annals of baseball history. I don't believe in omens, but perhaps that was an omen. Nine pitches!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?