<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Wow it's basically been like 6 straight months of baseball posts. Unbelievable!

I did break the mold with my presidential debate post the other day, however, and I think if you go back to the first 3-4 posts I made on this sight, you'll find that they are all about politics and are all among the best writing I've done in this forum. With nary 3 weeks to go before the big Presidential election, I am going to try to cover some more substantive ground in my future posts. But not necessarily right now.

Right now, I am relaxing on Sunday afternoon, getting my ass kicked in fantasy football, and wondering why my left eye hurts so much. I'll be 25 in less than 2 months, and I've been feeling my years more than usual lately. Undoubtedly, this played a factor when I asked my girlfriend to marry me 2 weeks and 1 day ago. She said yes, and I've been feeling great ever since.

I'm very much looking forward to moving out of my parents' house. Laura and I have been buying furniture lately, and we have generously been offered some more as engagement presents from her parents. Last month we acquired a brand-new La-Z-Boy couch for just $250, and as an engagement present she got me a leather recliner from Carson's furniture. The chair has not yet been delivered, but I have been dreaming about it since we went to pick it out last week. I can picture the chair in the living room of our first abode as a family, and this brings me great joy.

In other news, Jeff car has a blog up. Way to go, Jeff! You're one of the most entertaining writers among people I know. Keep it up. That's all for now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?