<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Wolf vs Werewolf

Everybody seen "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban?" Well, do yourself a favor and DO IT. I'm probably the last person from whom people expect to hear this, but I really loved this movie, and I wholeheartedly recommend it to children and adults of all ages.

It's fundamentally a coming-of-age story, but it's also a terrific fantasy film that gives us a thrilling view of a 100%-believable Harry Potter world of which I was previously unaware. It reminded me of the first time I really appreciated Empire Strikes Back (OK, it's not that good, though), in that it drops the viewer right into a world that's totally worth exploring. They don't have to waste time with exposition, they just show you the cool stuff, most notably an ABSOLUTELY BITCHING feral wolf-vs.-werewolf fight towards the end that has to be the best monster-on-monster battle I've ever seen in a movie. I mean, previously we could only imagine what a fight between a wolf and a werewolf would look like. Now, we don't have to! It's perfect. And I don't want to blow it for you but...well, werewolves are pretty badass. Especially this one.

Back to work.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?