<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Life in a Treehouse

Last night I made some really delicious pasta. I had some penne lying around, as well as some tomato, basil and mozzarella from caprese with my folks on Monday, so I mixed it all up, poured on some olive oil, salt and pepper, and called it "dinner." This was at 8:30 at night.

Living alone can be, well, lonely, but I am rapidly coming to like it. Not that I'm not looking forward to October 8th's nuptuals and the prospect of my wife moving in with me, but it's so freeing to operate on your own schedule. I had a great time in college with no money and a select few roomates I didn't get along with, so being on my own has been a lot of fun so far, and I'm expecting that trend to continue.

To recap: the new place is spacious, clean, quiet, and sunny. There's a forest preserve less than an eighth of a mile away, where yesterday evening I walked through a savannah that recalled fond memories of playing Myst as a teenager. The cloudless sky was suspended above, a stiff wind blew intermittently, and the sun sank towards the horizon of a very satisfying day.

Feel free to drop by anytime.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?