<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 02, 2005

Let's take a look at what's been going on lately at Chez Pablo:

1. Bass playing. I think we're gonna play out in Rick's garage this summer, and we're gonna try our best not to embarass ourselves. I honestly think that we (meaning Rick, Rob and myself) have reached a point in our musicianship that we may actually have something worthwhile to offer an audience. I'm going to demand that we play original songs, too, so that will be something new and different. Anyhow I'm playing bass, probably, at this show, and there's a new Of Montreal song that I'm going to suggest that we cover. This song's going to present quite the challenge to me, if I'm to sing it and play it at the same time. We'll see how that goes. But playing bass is pretty fun, and although my fingers hurt, it's the good kind of pain that comes of doing something (allegedly) constructive.

2. Cooking. Tomorrow I'm gonna try out this porkchop recipe I just read about. My folks are coming over for dinner, so that should be good times. Especially if they bring a nice pinot noir over.

3. Party planning. May 20. Come here and eat some food, drink some booze (or not, depending on your preference), and see my new place. It's pretty nice, and it's only going to get nicer.

4. Working out. If you can guess my current weight, I'll be surprised. I'd like for it to start going down quickly. Gotta look ripped for those engagement pictures--and I need a haircut something awful.

I'm sure that was all enthralling. I'm working on getting some new pictures up on Flickr, per Rick Bach's request. He's the only one who looks at them, anyway.

A special shout out to Bill Jagnow gets inserted here. Rather than wasting time with trivialities, Bill may shortly be shipping to the Middle East with the rest of the 82nd Airborne. You know, to protect us from tyranny, spy on insurgents, and generally be the badass that he truly is. Good luck, Bill. I'd say try to make it back in time for my wedding, but truth is I just want you back healthy and safe whenever you can get back. We already miss you, and we will hold you in our thoughts and think of you with pride. Take care.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?