<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Straight from the horse's mouth:

Quoth Kevin Smith, auteur of Clerks:

"Revenge of the Sith [the final Star Wars Movie, Episode III] is so satisfyingly tragic, you'll think you're watching 'Othello' or 'Hamlet.' This is the 'Star Wars' prequel the haters have been bitching about since 'The Phantom Menace' came out...."

I'll believe it when I see it, OK? If it's half as good as 'Star Wars,' I'll be immensely pleased. Trust me, we can't even comprehend how good Star Wars was to the audience that first saw it in 1977. We can't even remember how good it was the first time we saw it. Lucas lost his fastball a long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away). If he can recover and make something even watchable, I'll be impressed. Of course, I'm probably going to see this in the first week it's out. Because I'm stupid, obviously.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?