<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Top 5 of the relatively recent past:

1. My new Mac Mini. That's right, folks, I am an Apple convert, and a happy one. They have created a lot of cool stuff in OS X that Microsoft is sure to steal and make use of in Windows, which is good I suppose. But for the timebeing this OS is really much nicer than even Windows XP, and certainly better than 982E, which I was previously using. Hilarious. And the actual case, including CPU, ethernet card, CD-RW/DVDROM is like 6" x 6" x 2". And it's silent--old computer fans give me headaches. So I'm happy about all this.

2. 97X The Future (WOXY). Remember "Rain Man?" Remember the radio station they listened to, that Raymond kept repeating the slogan to: "97X--BAM!!--the future of rock and roll!" Turns out you can stream it online for free, and more importantly it kicks ass! They play tons of stuff I've read about but have never heard, and other stuff I've never heard of, but it's virtually all good. So far, at least. It's exciting.

3. 90-plus weather. I've decided to accept the fact that I'm astonishingly out of shape and slow. This has allowed me to slow the pace on my runs, thereby increasing my time spent in working out's low-gear "fat burn" zone, which means theoretically I'll lose weight more quickly. Also, it has allowed me to run outside in this week's boiling hot weather, and I do love working out in the heat. Sweating = increased fitness in my simpleminded calculus. And good Lord, I have no trouble working up a lather in this heat.

4. Derrek Lee. He's sure to fall off the face of the earth now that I've said this, but the man deserves his props. The Cubs have almost tricked me into watching them again--almost.

5. Crimson, Alkaline Trio. Not what hardcore fans of the rough-and-ready, early-days Trio were probably looking for, but bitching nonetheless for me. Almost like adult-contemp album alterna-rock, for the morbidly obsessed. If such a thing exists. I'm pretty sure I exist, and I'm positive that I like it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?