<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

As you can see I'm pretty much done with this weblog. I'm testing the waters tonight because I don't want to drink a bunch of vodka and I don't smoke weed, but I really need to blow of some steam after an amazing Bears victory has left me speechless and wired. The team was down 20 at half, 20 with 5 seconds left in the third quarter, 13 with five minutes left in the game, never scored an offensive touchdown, but got bailed out by a defense dominant in the second half. They returned two fumbles for TDs in the last 15 minutes and 3 seconds, ran a punt back 87 yards for a third, and benefited in the endgame from the timely expiration of Neil Rackers' contract with Satan. Here are my Top 5 sports nouns for the moment:

1) Brian Urlacher is awesome. There was a moment when the Monday Night Football cameras were actually trained on the game, rather than on the morons in the booth (I watched the last 3+ quarters on "mute") or the insane Cardinals fans (seriously, some of the crowd shots must have been terrifying in HD; people were apoplectic with glee with spittle flying and flared nostrils and bellowed exhortations and hand gestures of every kind), but this particular shot was a thing of beauty, as it depicted Brian Urlacher approaching the line of scrimmage and basically shooting beams of pure menace right through Matt Leinart's soul (he is also good, by the way, and I hated him all night), and I was frightened for my life more than 1000 miles away and on he third floor of my suburban apartment. Then he made like 6 or 7 ridiculous plays and essentially refused to let the Bears go down in ignominious defeat, and he is a stallion and worthy of the statue whose future erection is now a mere formality outside Soldier Field.

Actually just writing this has exhausted me and that's it for now as I must go to bed, but at least it did the trick and if anybody even checks this anymore maybe there will be more to follow.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?